PEAR TREE LOG

pear tree log: I started this blog to keep my younger son, Jonny, in touch with life in Lincolnshire, while he spent a year working in China. That year turned into five! Now he is home and training to become a physics teacher. This is simply a patchwork quilt of some of the things I enjoy - life in rural Lincolnshire, our animals, friends, architecture, books, the gardens, and things of passing interest.



Sunday 11 September 2011

ENDURO MOTORBIKE RACE

It was impossible not to be swept up in the excitement of the motorbike race - the noise, the dust, the competitiveness, especially as it was happening in 'our' field.


I took your camera out with me and discovered just how difficult it is to take photographs of speeding bikes!  I got shots of rear lights, dust clouds, sky, empty field - but very few of motorbikes.  My best effort was the second one I took, it was downhill all the way for me from there.
See what I mean - those boys go fast, really fast, and they still find time to show off!


Harry was a little scared of the noise at first, but once he got used to it he found it really exciting.


George tried his hand with the camera
and did considerably better than me.  Neither of us could hold a candle to the professional photographer of the family, and just to prove it
here is one of his.  Brilliant.  So here is another one. Sorry, Ian, I did nick them.


Aren't they great?


The sad thing is that now the field will be ploughed and planted and that is the holiday feeling over for another year.  The season is really moving on at a cracking pace.


I have finally found the creative streak and managed to make a couple of things today.  Small things, but it was very satisfying and I hope it signals a return to creativity.  The trouble is I want to do so many things and there are not enough hours in the day, but it is exciting.  No time for boredom in this house.


Your Pa has been busy moving the very large slab of stone from outside the conservatory door (I helped a little) to the base of the step which leads from the patio to the main garden.  It is the perfect size, although it will be a while before it is ready for your inspection.  We will have to make sure that it is millimetre perfect in its placement.


I hope you had a really good time out and about in Shanghai tonight.  Don't forget to take some photos - and enjoy your Autumn Festival day tomorrow!


Lots of love,


Mum
xxx


PS  It was lovely seeing around your apartment this morning, it looks great.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.