PEAR TREE LOG

pear tree log: I started this blog to keep my younger son, Jonny, in touch with life in Lincolnshire, while he spent a year working in China. That year turned into five! Now he is home and training to become a physics teacher. This is simply a patchwork quilt of some of the things I enjoy - life in rural Lincolnshire, our animals, friends, architecture, books, the gardens, and things of passing interest.



Wednesday 7 September 2011

CHEEK TO CHEEK

The cats didn't fancy going out to earn their keep, so Sparky snoozed in the conservatory and Bennie cosied up to Toby in the kitchen
Toby was a bit fearful at first (he knows that cats have claws) but they soon settled down happily.  They are obviously fair-weather hunters!


I had decided that I would visit Louth, as it was market day, but the Land Rover showed three warning lights so George ended up dropping me off in Louth, while he took the car to Famous Four Garage to have it checked out.   Dave plugged the car in to his computer and sorted it out quite quickly.  


On the way back home we stopped and picked some apples .


The wind had brought down lots more cooking apples at home so I decided to set to and sort them out before any more fall down.  I blanched 7lbs of apple slices for the freezer and then I set to and made an enormous apple crumble for your Pa, along
with a big jug of custard.


We still have lots of windfalls left so I've been poring over my recipe books and have decided to put them to good use in some chutneys and pickles.


That's a job for tomorrow - if I have the energy left after visiting your Great Auntie Nick!!


Look after yourself.  Lots of love, Mum xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.