PEAR TREE LOG

pear tree log: I started this blog to keep my younger son, Jonny, in touch with life in Lincolnshire, while he spent a year working in China. That year turned into five! Now he is home and training to become a physics teacher. This is simply a patchwork quilt of some of the things I enjoy - life in rural Lincolnshire, our animals, friends, architecture, books, the gardens, and things of passing interest.



Thursday 8 September 2011

I THOUGHT I SAW A PUSSY CAT...

Whilst enjoying my second cup of tea of the morning, reading a bit more of a murder mystery, I glanced up and to my horror saw this...


I wonder how many times she has done this without us realising...


Of course I had to grab the camera before she stopped, to record it for you!  Believe me, she received a very stern lecture indeed immediately afterwards.


I will probably have to invest in a covered jug, just for peace of mind.


Bennie merely stalked away a few paces and proceeded to have a thorough wash.


We visited Old Nick this morning, stopping off at the supermarket to do her shopping first. She really is losing all manners, but I won't go into that.   I feel terribly sorry for her - but truly she would try the patience of a saint, and I am no saint.


Since we got home your Pa has spent a couple of hours or more working in the wood
as usual the hens couldn't keep away.


He has been busy cutting up logettes, as he calls them, and generally tidying the entrance to the wood where he works.  No doubt these beautiful chunks of wood will end up in the log store very soon.
I decided to take the dogs into the field as we are still enjoying that holiday atmosphere, without the crop, and before the ploughing begins.  Pip totally refused to go and trotted off on her own, deeper into the garden,  Toby was ever ready, as normal.  No sooner had we gone a couple of hundred yards than Martin turned up with the baler - so our peaceful walk didn't happen.  I'll have to try again this evening - I don't like Toby to be off-lead while the tractors are in the field.


Talking of which, it is the Enduro race this weekend, so the cats will have to be kept confined until about 4pm.  They will not be happy girls, but I don't want them to be caught out there in the field when the bikes start whizzing around.  I will try to take some photos for you - they will be my very first attempt at photographing a motorbike race.  


The sun has finally come out and it is reasonably mild, thank goodness!  It was cold and wet this morning, miserable.  Sunshine makes things seem so much nicer - well, it makes most things seem nicer, however it is really showing me how dirty the windows are.  Note to self:  clean all of the windows!!  


Don't forget to let us have some photographs of you in China.  You must have some by now.


Lots of love,


Mum
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.