PEAR TREE LOG

pear tree log: I started this blog to keep my younger son, Jonny, in touch with life in Lincolnshire, while he spent a year working in China. That year turned into five! Now he is home and training to become a physics teacher. This is simply a patchwork quilt of some of the things I enjoy - life in rural Lincolnshire, our animals, friends, architecture, books, the gardens, and things of passing interest.



Tuesday 17 January 2012

Material Girl

My car had been stolen - but I managed to acquire a Chopper bike. 


It was a little on the small side for me and I felt ridiculous,  but I pedalled furiously, delighting in my ability to change the gears smoothly, and made good time.


I reached my destination - which turned out to be a fabric shop - just in time for a special 15 minute sale.  They were selling whole bolts of fabric - Jane Churchill, Nina Campbell, Colefax & Fowler, etc, etc.  


The sale price was 3 bolts of fabric for 70p.  No limit on quantity.  
Borrowed Image from visual photos.com


It was so exciting, so unexpected.


I needed no further invitation, my greedy hands reached for the fabrics and then I woke up.  


Oh.

5 comments:

  1. LOL!! Freud would have a field day with that one Elaine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop laughing now. Although I think we had better keep Freud out of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the laugh I needed to start my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meggie, Chris' comment really made me laugh too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, I was getting excited there for a minute!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.